Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How i met my hunny...

So I am linking up with Buzzin With Ms B....

I met mike the summer before my senior year of high school....a few of my friends and I were cruising down hopyard in Pleasanton.....when we saw a cute guy in a tan and green pick me up truck!  We followed them to where they stopped....Burger King and then ran in giggling to the bathroom....mike and his buddy were eating a burger...We All hung out that night and numbers were exchanged...over the course of the next few years we dated off and on....kept in touch...and then we began to drift apart and ended up in relationships....not good ones but it gave us time to realize how much we were meant for each other...
Fast forward to December of 1999... I decided to visit mike at Costco while I was in town and on break from school.  I was teaching in Texas but my parents lived in California still.  Over the next five months we talked on the phone, emailed, visited each other, attended spring training in Arizona, and thought of each other all the time.  He came out to help me drive from tx to ca with all my stuff at the end of the school year...and popped the question too!  I still remember driving back with him and staring at my engagement ring all the way...we were married in June of 2001....


Last April we spent a week away from our three children in Maui celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary!  It was such an amazing week...




5 comments:

  1. That's cute - Burger King, awww.

    Thanks for linking up! I'm glad you did - I'm your newest follower!
    Buzzing with Ms. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower!!! Found you over at the linky party!

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember sitting in Erin's house talking about your idea of going to visit Mike at Costco! SO glad you did- love that guy and love you! Hope to see u soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike is one smart guy. So glad to have you in our fam!! xo

    ReplyDelete