Sunday, April 15, 2012

Cinnamon Rolls...LOVE!

So the tradition in our family goes...when it is your birthday or a special holiday we have yummy cinnamon rolls!  They are not from that can you whack with a spoon....they are truly from scratch....well almost!  Pillsbury has an amazing Hot Roll Mix which helps with all that silly measuring etc....but you do have to knead, let them rise, mix, roll up, cut, etc.  My children begged me all week for these and I finally made them today!  They are really pretty easy and take about an hour from start to finish....


You can pick up this mix at your local Safeway in the Baking Aisle

Dough resting under the bowl after I kneaded it for five minutes...
Roll out the dough and then layer with softened butter and a cinnamon/sugar mixture


 
Roll up the dough into a log and then slice and place these yummy morsels into a greased pan, then they have to rise for 30 minutes....during that time I usually clean up my mess and wash up the dishes!


Bake for about 18 minutes...then take them out of the pan immediatley to cool for five minutes.

Drizzle powdered sugar/milk/vanilla mixture over the top and voila!

Here was my yummy breakfast today!


Look how happy my littles are!!  They LOVE these!!!

1 comment: