Friday, January 20, 2012

TIME TO PURGE...

So I began to start the Decluttering process today in my classroom...it is going to be a slow weekly process but I am proud to say that I made it through 3 desk drawers and one drawer along the cabinet.  I filled up my recycling bin, cleared off my desk, and found some goodies to share with other teachers as well as will my class (in the Coop Cash store).  The kids noticed me going through my desk while they were working on some snowman art and you wouldn't believe how much they wanted to help....it was awesome!  They are great at sorting and putting materials in the proper place....they are not so great about seeing what I threw away.  Many of them wanted what I was getting rid of...YIKES!  I didn't get pictures of what I purged, but you can see some of what I will be giving away in my picture here...



I am so glad that clutter free classroom is doing this project, I need all the help I can get to keep motivated to get my room organized and cleaned out!!!  Head on over to www.clutterfreeclassroom.blogspot.com so you can link up too!!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up. I love that you are using the labels! I also teach 3rd at the school where my son attends 1st. Enjoy the weekend!


    ❤Jodi from...
    ★★The Clutter-Free Classroom★★
    Helping Teachers Get Organized

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you got the kids in on helping. If the kids like what you are tossing let them take it, as long as it goes home. My first graders in the past have loved taking home books that are no longer in library condition!

    ReplyDelete