Saturday, August 4, 2012

AUGUST CURRENTLY....Can't believe it is August :(

Hi everyone!!!


Can you believe it is AUGUST????  Oh man.....the only good thing about August is that we go to our family camp....LAIR OF THE BEAR!!!  


My husband has been going since he was 2 years old.  We started going as a family when my oldest was 18 months old....this year will be our 10th year!!!  The week is very special because you are outdoors enjoying nature and family.  The kids have age group activities they do with counselors and the mommies/daddies just CHILL!  I won't have to drive ANYWHERE or cook any meals!  


I just have to get all of our gear organized and then I can relax!!!


Here is a picture of us from last year....


Don't we all look so happy and relaxed??  these pics are from one of the fabulous cocktail parties...Tiki Tuesday!


This year is SUPER special because Mike's brothers and sisters are all coming up with their kids!!










I am thrilled to be able to have my favorite girls with me at the pool for water aerobics!!











I am linking up with Farley again....I love her Currently Linky Party!!!




NOW....on to the B2S must haves....


1.  I have an Erin Condren Teacher plan book which I am SUPER excited about, but even more so I NEED the Life Planner....this week starts everyone with their extra curricular activities and I am having a hard time keeping it all straight in my head....I ordered one and used my $20 off coupon I received with my teacher planner...it ships on Aug 17th!!


2.  Thank you to Farley and all you other peeps out there with your personal laminator....I had to get one....did you know that they are $50 off at Amazon right now??  When I get that I will really be jamming with preparing my Words Galore Centers from Amanda Nickerson as well as some other goodies in my TPT account!   My husband will be thrilled, NOT!


3.  This summer I have been cooking up a storm and have added two new meals to my menu that my family love!  I also purchased a rice steamer and we made chipotle lime/cilantro rice the other night....wahoo burrito bowls in my own home!  I want to plan out a month of meals so that we know what is going on....especially with the afternoon/evenings that my oldest has dance!  Our favorite meals include:  Spaghetti with meatballs, Chicken Bryan, Chicken Picatta, Pizza (from scratch of course), Tacos (burrito bowls), Breakfast for dinner (egg/bacon/cheese sammies).  Once I have that all organized I will be golden since I eat the same thing for Breakfast and Lunch everyday!  I love organization!!!


Well....back to reading for me....I am currently reading Maine by J. Courtney Sullivan.  It is a great summer read....lots of drama and takes place at a beach house!!  The hubs is working late tonight and Monday night so I have LOTs of time.  I do have to make a reading plan though because I also have a book club book to read by Thursday....wish me luck!


What are you reading this summer?  Any recommendations for my camp trip???

5 comments:

  1. Hi Heather! I've been hearing great things about those Erin Condren books....might have to check them out. I admire your meal planning - I am SO fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants with that! My oldest daughter is also in dance, so that is often tricky.

    Corrina
    Mrs. Allen’s 5th Grade Files

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather-

    I found you from the linky! You need to fill out the pretty picture that Farley provides! It's so fun!!

    Anyways, I need to check out the laminator. I would loveeeee one!

    Lindsay
    My Life as a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsay....I guess my pic didn't work the first time....it's up now if you want to check it out :)

      Delete
  3. Whaaaa! I want an Erin Conren planner so bad. I found you through the linky. Always glad to find another third grade teacher to follow!!

    Megan

    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check out your blog....love finding 3rd grade blogs too!!!

      Delete